Central Traffic Control (CTC) is an indispensable system in modern rail traffic control. All stations in a line, or several lines, are monitored and controlled centrally. All stations in group or individually could be displayed in the control center. Control centers could be equipped by a mass display to show the whole line(s).
System architecture is flexible to be interfaced to different types of interlocking systems or other rail control systems. The system could be expanded to an integrated system to perform other functionalities than traffic command and control such as:
- General electrical and traction power supply
- Environment Control System (ECS)
- Electrical and Mechanical (E&M) equipments
- Platform Screen Doors (PSD)
- Drainage and Plumbing System (D&P)
- Fire Protection System (FPS)
- Telecommunication systems, such as CCTV, Passenger Information System (PIS), etc.