Level crossing controller and its related power supply are located in a dedicated hut close to the crossing area. All wayside equipments are connected by cables to the hut. All unmanned automatic level crossings are connected to the supervisory center.
Operation scenario :
- Approaching rail vehicle is sensed by Axle Counters
- Road side siren and signal are activated
- Road side is closed by the barriers
- The rail side signal indicates stop in the case of presence of any road vehicle on the crossing area sensed by the Car Detector Loops
- Barriers are open when rail vehicle leaves the crossing area
- System indication and alarms are continuously transmitted to the supervisory center